I wanted to make this blog titled something like “Conceiving Hope”… but that’s taken and many variations of it are taken, and really- I’m not that sweet. Then I got to thinking about what’s gotten me to this point- over 35, over weight, and just plain over it- trying to conceive our first child. Mostly, it has been “conventional wisdom” and daily proverbs we tell ourselves. Here’s a few:
- Use protection, if you don’t you’ll get pregnant SO fast!
- Education and career first- you must be financially secure to raise a family.
- You’re FAT- you won’t be able to conceive!
- “It’s never too late!”
- Never say never.
- There are no stupid questions.
- You’ll know when you’re “ready”.
- Ignorance is bliss.
I’m certain there are others, but these are the ones that come to mind at this moment and are the foundation for this anonymous ramble to the world.
I offer my experience in the hope that someone in need stumbles on it one day, maybe that you find a spark of hope for yourself, or are engaged to look at preconceived ideas in another way. I offer my experience for catharsis to myself and as a record of things I don’t want to forget.